- Call of application for Ukrainian students – Bando n. 30 borse di studio a favore di studentesse e studenti provenienti dall’Ucraina
Deadline: April 30, 2022, 12.00 AM
The University of Palermo condemns the use of force and any type of violence and expresses the solidarity of the academic community with Ukrainian students, their families and the entire population. The University - which is part of RUniPace, the Network of Italian Universities for Peace promoted by the Conference of Rectors - firmly reaffirming the importance of peace and the condemnation of every act of violence and abuse of human rights, has activated initiatives of support for Ukrainian students who will find at UniPa a culture of freedom, life and hospitality.
The measures adopted are:
- the establishment of 30 scholarships of 3,000 and 600 euros (plus charges to be paid by the administration) to cover all the costs of food, travel and the purchase of teaching materials for a period of six months plus any regional tax and tax stamp duty in favor of female students from Ukraine who have matriculated or enrolled, including in individual courses of the bachelor's and master's degree courses for the academic year 2021/2022;
- the suspension of the payment of fees and housing fees to enrolled students who have reported difficulties;
- the allocation of free places in university residences to both students already enrolled and those coming from Ukrainian universities;
- the provision, starting from March 2022, of over 500 hours of lessons by the Italian Language School for Foreigners (ItaStra) in favor of about 70 refugees from the war in Ukraine who have requested them.
The measures being implemented for the 2022/2023 academic year aim to:
- Prepare a new call for the provision of 16 scholarships for war refugees that cover up to a maximum of 3,000 and 600 euros for all the costs of food, travel and the purchase of teaching materials, in addition to the regional tax and stamp duty;
- Reserve n. 20 beds for students from Ukraine who enrol in the 2022/2023 academic year.
- Allow students fleeing the war in Ukraine to enrol / enrol in free access degree courses or single courses provided for in the educational offer;
- Exempt these students from paying the student fees both in the case of enrolment/ matriculation in degree programs and in the case of acquisition of single courses;
- Evaluate, with a facilitated and rapid path, the course of study and the preparation acquired also for enrolment in the Master's Degrees;
- To use, for the translation of qualifications from Ukrainian, the work of a collaborator at the expense of the university funds, specifically implemented;