The first support measures for students, PhD students, researchers, teachers, from Ukraine or other nationalities who have been granted international protection, even temporary, as a result of ongoing political and military crises, are contained in the decree law 16/2022. With this decree the Government has established a Fund, initially of 500 thousand euros; the Fund has been increased to 1 million euros, as to law n. 28/2022 , conversion of D.L. 14/2022. Methods of use will be defined by a decree of the Minister of University and Research..
Besides dedicating financial support, the MUR is available at the following e-mail address: [email protected].
As such, all organizations belonging to the higher education and research system (Universities, Research bodies, Academies, AFAM -Art, Music and Dance- Institutions and Scientific institutes, such as the national Academy of Sciences or the national Academy of the Lincei) can contact this e-mail address, notifying solidarity initiatives for professors, researchers, students and PhD students affected by the ongoing international crisis, willing to welcome those who would like to continue their studies, research and academic activities in our country.
The solidarity initiatives, will thus be highlighted and may, among others, include:
- Visiting Professor and Research Fellowship positions;
- other forms of hospitality offered individually by academic institutions, with the involvement of local authorities and third sector parties.
The above-mentioned organizations, if needed, may contact the MUR assistance to solve specific problems related, above all, to the inclusion of scholars in the Italian system of higher education and research.
- Decreto legge 14/2022, art. 5 quinquies, convertito dalla legge 28/2022
- Minister of University and Research Note No. 3950 of 11 March 2022
- Minister of University and Research Note No. 3177 of 27 February 2022